Saturday, May 31, 2008

Men in... Skirts?!

The summer before we were engaged he asked me what I thought of him wearing a kilt. Wow! I did not see this coming. While I never really had a clear vision of what our wedding would look like it definitely did not involve kilts! I always imagined he would wear something like this:





Brooks Brothers Khaki Linen Suit


Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Two-Button Pinstripe Suit

He continued to bring it up and I started to realize that he was serious about wanting to wear a kilt. At first I was completely against the idea. I thought it would look completely out of place at our wedding venue (Napa Valley), too dressy for a daytime wedding and I wanted reds and oranges and his family kilt is navy and dark green. He told me how much it meant to him and how he viewed it as a way of honoring his grandmother (who passed away several years ago). I realized that it is Mr. Olive's wedding too and he wouldn't dare tell me what to wear. So, I relented and got on board with the kilt with one condition - he would bring pants to change into for some of the formal shots. He agreed and started the search for a kilt maker! This is what Mr. Olive and his four brothers will look like on our wedding day.








Wedding Kilt




Mr. Olive will wear the Prince Charlie Jacket and his brothers will wear the less formal Argyle Jackets.

Prince Charlie Jacket


Since our original conversation I've come to accept the kilt for what it is. I told Mr. Olive that he doesn't need to bring along pants anymore. After all, all the celebrities are doing it!





Sean Connery







What did your fiance choose to wear for the wedding? Is anyone else marrying a kilt lover?

2 comments:

MuhammadUmar said...

Modern Kilts are designed and tailored keeping in view the 21st-century trends, styles and fashion.
kilts for big and tall men

Best said...

just perfect for a complete knitted garment or for adding that something special to a garments edge. Neulasetti