Thursday, June 12, 2008

The winner is...

The finalists from Invitesite.com :


Orla




Angelica


The winner is... ANGELICA!

I choose Angelica over Orla for a couple of reasons. Back in Dec. Mr. Olive and I choose Angelica but then when it came time to order the invites I started having second thoughts. It felt funny to be sending out invites with fall leaves in June... so I started looking at other options.I stumbled upon Orla and I loved the rustic feel and thought it was a great option. Invitesite allows you to order one free sample so I ordered Angelica (back in Dec) and my SIL-to-be ordered a sample of Orla for me in March. When the sample of Orla came in the mail it was not what I had imagined. First, the paper was much more orange than brown. Secondly, the assembly and the opening of the invitation was more complicated than Orla. SIL-to-be opened the invite when it arrived but after she took it out of the envelope she couldn't figure out how to get it back together again. Finally, Mr. Olive liked Angelica more so we stuck with our first choice of Angelica and I am glad we did!

What makes these invites eco-friendly?

  1. All paper (invite, envelopes, RSVP, info card, thank you cards) made entirely from tree free paper and 100% post consumer recycled paper.
  2. Purchased from small, California based store.
  3. RSVP postcard saves paper (and money) from the standard RSVP set of an envelope/reply card.
  4. One double-sided insert with basic information and our wedding website. We did not include extras such as a map, reception card, etc. since all of that information is on our website.
The Budget
The ordering process with Invitesite was simple and it came in the mail quickly. This is what I ordered:

  • 50 Angelica Invitations - $2.25 each = $112.50
  • 125 Matching Husk & Burgundy Thank You's - $0.85 each = $105.25
  • 130 Sheets of Husk Cardstock - $0.30 each = $39.00

Subtotal = $257.75
Tax = $0.00 (shipped from CA to NY)
Shipping = $14.00
TOTAL = $271.75


Here is the assembled invite!






The Entire Package




RSVP Postcard
*We tested a postcard by sending it from California to our home in NY. It arrived in less than a week!




Information Card



Me Addressing Invites

No comments: